How to connect two internet connections, if not redundant, as fail over backup?

2024-08-02 10:38:42 - last edited 2024-08-02 10:46:55
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20210521 rel.72481(5553)

I subscribed two internet connections and need help to wire them to AX1800 for fail over such that the slower connection will pickup when the faster connection fails. 

can this router be flashed to Linux? (which has no problem routing between 3 or more interfaces).

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to connect two internet connections, if not redundant, as fail over backup?
2024-08-02 11:38:51

@SunnPhoenix 

You have to check in OpenWRT community for your particular model but that will void the router warranty.

A router like ER605 can do that out of the box. In this scenario you could use your AX1800 in AP mode (Case 1) for your wireless clients.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:How to connect two internet connections, if not redundant, as fail over backup?
2024-08-06 13:56:44

@terziyski 

thanks but for my situation, I really don't need this AX1800 due to my devices are within 5 feet of router. I prefer to sell it which I didn't bought but is complimentary gift from broadband provider who IMHO should provide WAN switch. 
My question is my WiFi security with my VPN (two year contract) on par with WPA3 provided by this AX1800 ? I still have to live with my old router which is irreplaceable due to its providing VOIP ( 2 year contract) and it's using old WiFi protocol. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 176

Replies: 2

Related Articles