No WLAN access when 3 deco are structured in a line

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-09 22:48:41
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

If I build a star topology in which every node is connected directly to the root node everything is fine. 

But when I try to structure my decos so, that one of them reaches the root node via a node in between, I cannot connect to it when it is the closest node to my device. It will not accept the password for the Wi-Fi. I tried rebooting then, they have the latest Firmware and everything. The app shows that the topology is fine and all nodes are connected. Please help!  

Options
4 Reply
Re:No WLAN access when 3 deco are structured in a line
2023-12-10 12:53:56

@MLO0815 What do you change in the Deco to structure them as a line?

Options
2023-12-10 13:10:59

@yves_b first Deco is connected to the router in the living room

2nd deco is connected to the deco in the living room and is placed in the room next to the living room (childroom). Behind the childroom is anorhernroom where the 3rd deco is placed and it is connected to the 2nd one. (It might also connect to the living room but the signal is not good. ) If i design it like this, I cannot connect ti wifi when being connected to the 3rd deco. 

Options
2023-12-11 06:52:31

@MLO0815 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Could you please help me check the following details:

1. Are all the 3 Deco M4 V4, with the latest 1.1.1 firmware?

2. Did you manually set the connection preference/signal source to change the connected Deco of the 3rd unit?

3. May I know the model numbers of the mobile devices that failed to connect to 3rd Deco? Are they Apple devices? If yes, can I their current OS?

Since satellite Deco units work the same, please help me run a simple test:

1. Switch the location of the 2nd Deco in Childroom with the 3rd Deco.

2. Check whether the new "3rd Deco" would automatically choose the 2nd M4.

3. If not, please set the connection preference again and check whether mobile devices reported the same error when connected to the new "3rd Deco".

Thank you again and wait for your reply.

Options
2023-12-26 13:58:53 - last edited 2023-12-26 14:01:22

@David-TP 

Hi,

sorry for the late reply.

Interestingly 3 of the decos have 1.1.1 firmware but the other one seems to have a different subversion with a newer firmware. When I disconnect this deco from the net and only use the 3 decos with the same version, it is possible to access WLAN when I structure them "in a line" as stated before. Should I return the deco with the different version and try to get another one that has the same firmware as the others?

Edit: I just compared them: 3 Deco have version M4 v2.0 and the other one has M4R v4.0

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 348

Replies: 4

Related Articles