canuckLV1Offline
Following: 0Followers: 0
Forums/ Wi-Fi Routers
2013-04-13 23:55:54
Re:Disabling broadcast of manufacturer name??
Thanks again for your very worthwhile suggestions pjbtpl. I contacted PP-Link customer service and their very quick and knowledgeable responses astounded me. None of the usual 'is the unit plugged...
0HELPFULS
Forums/ Wi-Fi Routers
2013-03-29 02:03:30
@ pjbtpl Since nothing I have uses 5Ghz I have disabled that radio and am just using 2.4 Ghz. When I use the MAC clone it shows the MAC as changing but when I go to the status window it is still the...
0HELPFULS
Forums/ Wi-Fi Routers
2013-03-28 00:30:09
Well I have tried to change the MAC address using the cloning function in the router. I did it twice using wireless devices and although it said the MAC was changed, it was not. Then I read the...
0HELPFULS
Forums/ Wi-Fi Routers
2013-03-26 00:16:54
pjbtpl wrote The vendor information that wifi utilities such as inSSIDer shows is determined from the first 6 alphanumeric prefix of the MAC address as determined by IEEE standards. See...
0HELPFULS
Forums/ Wi-Fi Routers
2013-03-23 04:13:13
Re:TP-Link WDR4900 poor signal (bad coverage)
OK.................well here is my last idea. Check to see that you have the latest firmware installed on the router. If you do, then maybe you should return this router and try a different one since...
0HELPFULS
Forums/ Wi-Fi Routers
2013-03-23 00:19:35
Re:TP-Link WDR4900 poor signal (bad coverage)
On your unit under "wireless advanced" there is a wireless setting for transmit power which, by default, seems to be set to "high". Check if your unit is set to "high". Another setting that you can...
0HELPFULS