Sonos, Router & AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Sonos, Router & AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Sonos, Router & AP
Sonos, Router & AP
2017-06-09 17:01:37
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have had an issue with the songs app not being able to connect after roaming between my router and AP. I’ve got the following setup

Vodafone router. wired devices are:
Sonos speaker (3 other speakers are wireless via SonosNet)
[*]Powerline adapter - in turn connected via the other adapter to a 4 port unmanaged switch which has TV, blu-ray and NAS connected
[*]Ethernet port on the wall. This is then wired via un-managed PoE switch to the AP - A Ubiquiti Unifi AC Pro

With this setup, I found that with a ‘fresh’ setup, i.e everything powered off, then the sonos app can see the speaker when connecting via wifi from the vodafone router. Roaming to pick up the AP, no problems either. Moving back to the router, then the connection is lost.

After some testing, I was convinced this was the router. To get around the issue, I plugged my old Netgear DGN2000 into the router and used it to provide the wifi. No issues with roaming at all.

Yesterday, I decided to swap out my ‘two box’ solution and installed a TP-Link VR600. Unfortunately, the same issue occurs. Again, using the Netgear for the wifi, solves the issue.

I’m at a loss as to what the problem can be!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Sonos, Router & AP
2017-08-03 17:46:29
You may send an email to TP-Link tech support (support.uk@tp-link.com) to let them check about this issue.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 568

Replies: 1

Related Articles