TD-W8970B(DE) on BNG DSL (T-Online) with 802.1Q VLAN 7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-28 15:30:53
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've a TP_Link router (TD-W8970B(DE)) which is connected to a DSL (Annex J, via DSL port). DSL syncs fine and everything worked until my ISP switched to BNG. I activated 802.1Q on the PPPoE connection and put it in VLAN 7. Router connects fine and authentication works. Now for the fun part... Full connectivity via WiFi, but via LAN:

Basic connectivity (link)
[*]ping works
[*]DNS works
[*]I can telnet 80 and 443 of e.g. serverfault.com
[*]I cannot connect any application to any address (I see a lot of TCP resets, spurious retransmissions, etc.)

I cannot wrap my head around that. LAN and WiFi are in the same zone, I disabled VLANs for the LAN/WiFi bridge.
I made it work once by playing around with the MTU size, but cannot reproduce it. Tried a different router (also TP-Link), to no avail.

Basically it boils down to the router not being able to properly switch packets while the DSL is in a VLAN. I bridged the router with 802.1Q into VLAN 7 and have an Archer C7 which is now doing the PPPoE connection. Works fine.

My question - any workaround to fully use the W8970 again, or are you planning on releasing a firmware (guess not as it is an old model).

Thanks,

MMMF
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 554

Replies: 0

Related Articles