Dropping user assigned broadcast channel.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-04-25 15:41:03
Model : Archer D9

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 0.1 v0041.0 Build 141027 Rel.40300n

ISP :

O.P.Hi thereThis is more annoying than a real problem, but I have a relatively new Archer D9 which performs extremely well. Both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz SSID's have been changed from the default as has the channel assignment from Auto to channels I have specified (to eliminate channel conflicts).Every so often (about 2 weeks) the 2.4 GHz band changes channel 6 to channel 1. I know this almost instinctively because my wifi strength suffers on channel 1 because of neighbour conflicts. The odd thing is: when I log into my D9 it's still showing as channel 6 in the configuration but Vistumbler reports it as channel 1 as does inSSIDer. So, I go back into the router change it to channel 1 and save and then change it back to channel 6 and save and it's all good.I've been on the TP Link website to see what issues have been remedied by firmware updates, but no mention of this particular problem.I'm more interested in finding out why it happens. Any thoughts?Cheers
Options
2 Reply
Re:Dropping user assigned broadcast channel.
2016-05-11 17:45:40
Anyone, if this is the official TP Link forum? Only 1 view?
Options
Re:Dropping user assigned broadcast channel.
2016-05-22 07:45:05
What happens if you manually set the 2.4GHz channel to 6 and then either reboot or power off the router? Does the 2.4GHz channel stay put on channel 6 (the one you manually selected) or does it revert back to 1? Also if the router is left on for a little while does 2.4 GHz channel switch back to the one you manually set?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 404

Replies: 2

Related Articles