Very poor signal at times, especially when laptop is moved downstairs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-03 18:09:07
Model : Archer C9

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : Unknown

ISP : North-West Electronics

Hi all, hope you guys can help with this issue as it's frustrating me a lot...

A week ago I bought the TP-LINK Archer C9 router to replace my old Linksys CISCO (can't remember the exact model, but it was several years old), but I find that my connection is no better (I get constant buffering on iPlayer at peak times for instance).

My main reason for buying was because with my Linksys CISCO whenever I moved my laptop from right next to the router to downstairs in a room on the opposite end of the house (it's by no means a big house!) the wifi bars on the taskbar go from 5 to between 1 and 3 - unfortunately this still happens with the Archer C9.

Why might this be the case? I was under the impression that high range was a selling point of the C9.

Hope that I've made sense above and my attached image isn't confusing!

Niall

Options
2 Reply
Re:Very poor signal at times, especially when laptop is moved downstairs
2015-10-08 15:21:03
Did you try different channels? Maybe you need to add powerline extender kit to guarantee good Wi-Fi signal for the new laptop.
Options
Re:Very poor signal at times, especially when laptop is moved downstairs
2015-10-09 16:46:39

M Diamond wrote

Did you try different channels? Maybe you need to add powerline extender kit to guarantee good Wi-Fi signal for the new laptop.

What do you mean by channels?

Really hope I don't need an extender as I bought the C9 with the intention that it would sort out the range issue.

I've had the laptop for several years, but it's just now that I'm moving it away from the router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 555

Replies: 2

Related Articles