Adapter Experiences

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Adapter Experiences

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Adapter Experiences
Adapter Experiences
2015-09-05 18:29:04
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Just a few lines about experiences with this adapter after upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 7. Initially it worked then stopped working and I lost the internet connection on both wireless and ethernet. It is using an Atheros Driver I assume provided by Windows 10. No sign of the adapter on the TP-Link Configurator. Pressed the button on the Router which eventually found it again. For the next few times there was the annoyance of no automatic opening of the wireless connection . So I made sure that the network connection was ticked for automatic connection and then left it alone.Oh and I rebooted the router after a message from TalkTalk. The point I am making is that the connection has stabilised on its own, the connection is now made quickly and easily and I have not got the annoyance of connecting manually each time. I don't know about the compatibility of this adapter with Windows 10 but despite my input it is now apparently working well with the new Windows 10 OS. Perhaps it is better sometimes to leave things alone and let them configure themselves. Windows 10 must be doing something in the background to solve some of these issues. I had much the same experience with the upgrade to Windows10 and tried 11 or 12 times to download and install off the Windows Update site. But I then gave up and left it to the app. and its window, one failure then bingo it installed off the app. I just felt a fool for all the efforts I had made and advice I had followed to solve the problems? with my computer. Because my efforts in the end had no bearings on the successful installation. So TP-LINK are your adapters really not compatible or with windows drivers and assistance are the problems being solved for you. I would love to know because I would like to purchase and use the Archer T4U wireless adapter with the new router I am about to receive, is it really not compatible with Windows 10? If not I find this astonishing for such a well known company as TP-LINK. Please wake up and get into the real world you are costing yourselves millions, because obviously my answer will be a competitor's Windows 10 wireless adapter, you make such good products, why be so stupid?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Adapter Experiences
2015-09-06 17:20:59
There is a Win10 compatibility list for your reference. Some adapters are plug and play on Windows 10 because the driver is embeded in the system.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article-15587.html
Options
tl-wn821n and windows 10
2015-09-10 06:06:37
it is indicated thta it is plug and play BUT it does not work this adapter under windows10. when will it be available the correct drivers ?
Options
Plug and Play
2015-09-15 17:09:03

M Diamond wrote

There is a Win10 compatibility list for your reference. Some adapters are plug and play on Windows 10 because the driver is embeded in the system.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article-15587.[FONT=arial][/FONT]html
I am actually using the TL-WN821N adapter with Windows 10 the driver is not recognised by the system and it is using the Atheros 7015 driver, although it is working quite well with this. I did notice the reference to adapter compatibility, unfortunately only after writing the article. Apologies for this but I don,t understand why my current adapter is not recognised by Windows 10.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 646

Replies: 3

Related Articles