Strange issue with WR340G

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-03-30 03:42:00
Region : Others

Model : TL-WR340G

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version : 4.5.0

ISP :

Greetings

Recently i switched ISPs to get decent speeds and i bumped into a really weird problem.

When i connect one of the PCs directly to the cable coming from the EPON ONU i get my normal speeds (70-90 Mbps), but after i introduce the router and connect my 2 PCs to it my speed can not go past 10 Mbps on any of them.
What confused me was that i found a way to temporarily fix the problem by letting the router aquire IP and other needed information from the Network (i am using Dynamic IP), after it does that i would take the Cable from the EPON - plug it into the PC directly and wait for it to aquire the IP. After that i return the cable back into the router's WAN port and for some reason now i get full speeds behind the router on both my PCs. And that does not make any sense to me.
That lasts until the router reboots for some reason (power outage, change of settings etc). After a router reboot the problem is back and i have to do the whole cable swapping ritual again.

I can't figure out what could be the cause of that.
Is the router just giving way or it is some sort of miscomunication between it and the ONU.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Options
2 Reply
Re:Strange issue with WR340G
2014-04-02 19:04:32
you are lie.
are you sure you use 340G?
Options
Re:Strange issue with WR340G
2014-04-05 04:21:05

dawnman wrote

you are lie.
are you sure you use 340G?

Really? Accusing me of lying? Of course i am sure the damn thing has been sitting on my desk for almost 4 years now. I actually spoke with a technician and it seems that is a common issue on 340 and 740. When it connects to my ONU which uses gigabit interface the router for some reason defaults to limiting its ports to 10 Mbps. Guess i will just have to get a new one or maybe tinker a bit with it before that.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 623

Replies: 2

Related Articles