Losing network connection with TP-Link wifi wouter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-15 18:50:21
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP : Sonera

I recently purchased a TL-WR740N wifi router for my home internet connection. The internet connection is a shared service amongst the building & is accessed directly via an ethernet port next to the phone line port in the wall.

When I use the ethernet cable directly to any laptop, I have no issue with connection, but when using the router for wifi I have only had a connection for about 20% of the time over the last 3 days, & this just randomly seems to go on/off.

The devices recognise & connect to the router itself, but no data is being passed. If I tether my Mac via my iPhone I also cannot access the router via the IP address (where as when the router is working properly, I can).

As it stands, all I have is 3 lights active; the power, the gear icon (flashing) & the wifi icon. When the router has been working correctly I would also have the padlock symbol lit up. I have a reset via the router, as well as updating & rebooting when I actually had access to the router via it's IP. Unfortunately the problem still persists. Any advice or suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
Steve
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 0

Related Articles