Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

I have:

• 2 Deco S7 V1
  • 1 C7 as main router
  • 5 Tapo Cameras + 1 Tapo Video Doorbell

My problem is:

My cameras are switching between my decos, sometimes I am having problems with it because when they connect to the farthest deco then it's almost impossible to see the cameras and the Doorbell is doing this as well...

Options
4 Reply
Re:Devices swithing from one Deco to another
Saturday

@goodevil 

I have 1 Deco S7 as main and 3 Deco E4 as satellites. Also, I have 2 Tapo Cameras, I set an static IP for both of them by Tapo App and Deco App. Since that, I didn't have any problem with connection on Tapo Cameras.

Options
Yesterday

@goodevil 

Hi,

You can also update the firmware for your Deco S7 and set up connection preference for your Tapo Cameras.

Deco S7 1.5.0 Supports Connection Preference, IOT Network, WPA3 and More

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
21 hours ago

@SandroMG Getting an IP is not the problem, static or not, the real issue is connecting to the farthest Deco unit while there is a better one for it to connect to.

Options
21 hours ago

@Sunshine while this seems like an option, that I would like to avoid because of many issues that people are having after the manual update, I would like to ask when it's going to be available through the app to update safely, Does your team have some kind of expected date?

Options