Router Mode Vs AP Mode

Router Mode Vs AP Mode

Router Mode Vs AP Mode
Router Mode Vs AP Mode
7 hours ago
Model: Deco X50   TL-SG105   Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20231229 Rel. 43148 / 1.7.8 Build 20240719 Rel. 70981

Hi Team,

I'm back again tinkering with my set-up, mainly because I'm bored. 

So to give you an idea of my current set-up, I live in a small 2-storey townhouse with next door being a single-storey unit. 

My Internet is FTTP and my ISP plan is 750/42.5Mbps.

My Modem is an Archer VR2800 supported by 2 DECO X50's, 2 DECO M5's and 2 TL-SG105 switches.

I'm using Cat8 Ethernet cables connected to the Main DECO (X50) and TL-SG105 switches that link the Computers/Gaming consoles/TV's.

All the lights (22) are Smart lights and the 2 computers and 2 Gaming consoles plus 3 TV's and 4 Google Hubs including 3 security cameras are all connected to the system.

With the close proximity of my neighbour, I simply allow them to tap into my Wi-Fi on the Guest Network and charge them a % of the monthly bill.

Obviously I created a different SSID name and password for the Guest Network that has the added bonus that I can switch off their internet in the event they fail to pay their share of the monthly bill or any other reason I believe warrents it.

Currently I'm running my system in the Wi-Fi Router Operation Mode, but was thinking of switching it over to the Access Point Operation Mode to see if there is any improvement mainly in speed and performance. 

But before I do this, I wanted to see what the general feedback was from the wider community.

If I've left out any information you feel relevant, let me know and I'll do my best to add it to the thread.

TIA

Options