EXTENDING NETWORK

EXTENDING NETWORK

EXTENDING NETWORK
EXTENDING NETWORK
Monday
Model: TL-PA4010P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Easy question.  I am using the TP-Link TL-PA4010P KIT AV600 Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit of two units (Australian model)  to connect my smart TV to my cable router.  

The kit has two adapters.  I want to extend the network by adding one adapter:

Q1.  Can I extend the network by adding more of this model adapter?  The information available suggests that I can.

Q2.  These adapters are sold as kits.   Can I buy just one of these adapters (do not seem to be able to do this in Australia) so I can extend in stages if needed?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:EXTENDING NETWORK
Tuesday

@RichardA36 

Hi,

regarding Q1: Yes, you can easily extend your Powerline network by adding additional adapters that are compatible with the HomePlug AV and AV2 standards, the TL-PA4010P being one of many.

regarding Q2: With regards to function it doesn't matter whether you get a single device or another kit. But I doubt the low-end TL-PA4010P is still being sold anywhere as single devices. I think it just wouldn't be worthwhile. And even for the higher priced models that are available as single units in some countries it's not like a single device is half the price of a kit. The difference is usually not that big.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 39

Replies: 1

Related Articles