Extending my network

Extending my network

Extending my network
Extending my network
2024-09-02 09:08:50

Good morning, hoping I might get a steer in the right direction. I have 3 Deco S4 units across my home but would like to extend the network to my garden room approx 15m from the nearest S4... I pick up the wifi but it can be intermittent, so would like a booster, ideally wall mounted. Is it just a case of adding another S4 or is there a better option?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extending my network
2024-09-03 03:37:10

@MarkB47 

Hi,

It is usually recommended to add Deco units to extend the Deco network.

Do you want to extend the WIFI to another building?

The outside environment may affect the wireless connections between Deco and the other product. If the certain place where you want to locate the other Deco unit can get really weak WIFI signal, it is recommended to connect the Deco units via Ethernet cabel, that would make it better.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 72

Replies: 1

Related Articles