Votes

Urgent Request: OpenVPN Client for Archer AX53 (AX3000) V1

a week ago - last edited Monday
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer AX53 V1 1.2.4 Build 20240509
Hello, I just purchased recently Archer AX53 AX3000 V1. I also updated with the latest official firmware available V1_1.2.4 Build 20240509.

Could you please release new firmware update that support OpenVPN Client function.

This would make TP-Links Routers a much Better service since the popularity of VPN's is increasing Each day and more people want to connect their router's to a VPN cause it's easier and more reliable and secure.

And I hope TP-Link would release a New Firmware for VPN Client feature.

Please pass it along to the development team and put this at a Top Priority if Possible.

Thank you for your consideration.

**Note: 

Archer AX53_V1 1.2.4 Build 20240206 (Public Beta Firmware for Trial)

From this link: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722?sortDir=DESC&page=1

I have tried that public beta firmware, it has the OpenVPN Client feature however that function doesn't work even tho the status already "connected" to the VPN but when I check my IP Location still not change. btw I'm using ProtonVPN.

I hope TP-Link will release official firmware that support VPN Client feature because the "Public Beta" released already more than half a year ago.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Urgent Request: OpenVPN Client for Archer AX53 (AX3000) V1
Wednesday

@Router_Review 

**Note: 

Archer AX53_V1 1.2.4 Build 20240206 (Public Beta Firmware for Trial)

From this link: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722?sortDir=DESC&page=1

I have tried that public beta firmware, it has the OpenVPN Client feature however that function doesn't work even tho the status already "connected" to the VPN but when I check my IP Location still not change. btw I'm using ProtonVPN.

I hope TP-Link will release official firmware that support VPN Client feature because the "Public Beta" released already more than half a year ago.

Options
Thursday

@Router_Review 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if this feature can come to your home router, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

Options
Thursday

@Marvin_S Hi, Thank you for your reply.

Could you please pass it along to the development team about OpenVPN Client Feature and ECO MODE Feature for AX53 AX3000 V1.

Put this at a Top Priority if Possible.

Thank you for your consideration.

Options
Monday - last edited Monday

@Marvin_S Hi I contacted global technical support on  https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

And the good news they approved my request and they said they will release the official firmware that support OpenVPN Client feature and to be expected at the end of this year.

Options
Monday - last edited Monday

special thanks to @Kevin_Z and @Marvin_S Thank you so much for your assistance/help. I look forward for the new firmware that support "VPN Client" feature for AX53 AX3000 V1.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 297

Replies: 5

Voters 4