Deco X60 7-Deco and Wired-Daisy chain - Possible (See Picture)

Sunday - last edited Yesterday
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello All,

My current configuration mix and match with routher-controller-switch sending wired CAT6 to EAP615 few areas and couple of areas its daisy chained to EAP245- I want to move to DECO for my home with 6500 Sqft (2 floors)

EAP615 - 3Nos
EAP245 - 3Nos
ER605 Router 1 No
8 Port POE Switch 1 No
Omada Controller 1 No

Queries: Need Inputs and Help.

1) Daisy-Chain: I want to move to Deco X60. I called TP-Link Tech on "1800-number" and shared below shown configuration (verbally) and i was told this will work. Else where in the community I read that daisy chain does not work between Deco's unless a switch is inserted between each daisy chain (example: D1-X60 -> CAT6 -> D2-X60  "DOES not work", However D1-X60-Switch-D2-X60 "will work"). Hence asking away in this community. Please Help!.

2) 7-8 Decos - possible?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco X60 7-Deco and Wired-Daisy chain - Possible (See Picture)-Solution
Monday - last edited Yesterday
My Bad. You are right. X55 is available. just that he did not have in stock. he can get it pre-ordered within a week time. All GOOD! Thank you Alex. Appreciate it!.
Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Deco X60 7-Deco and Wired-Daisy chain - Possible (See Picture)
Sunday

@GyanAccessFreak 

This should work. Also, less switches - better. Not the other way.

7-8 Decos, most of them wired, is possible. See How many Deco units can I add to my Deco mesh network?

Also, why X60, any special reasons? For what you plan, I would have chosen X50 or X55: they have three Ethernet ports, while X60s - just two. If you have device you can hardwire to Satellite Deco, such as SmartTV, having extra Ethernet port on Deco unit may come handy.

Options
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@Alexandre. 

Hi Alexandre - Thanks for sharing your thoughts and confirmation on the configuration.

Yes additional ports always gives flexibility.

X50: Has 2 ports. 1 POE in and 1 out for wired daisy chain another X50. However I still need to power up both in the X50 in the daisy chain. 

those in just end-points, directly wired from router, will save the power chord-etc.

X55: should be a good option. Thank you!.

X60: 2-ports 'only'. If I m powering any of the X50's for daisy chain (wired), I as well go with X60 with better specs was my thought process.

- Gyan

P.S: Just saw, TP_link-India site X60 has better specs than X60: TP-link US /global site. i m now doubting ... whats going on here ... Just saying.wink

Options
Sunday
How Many can be added: X60 is not in the list for adding 6-deco's. India site does not have other models -> X68/X90/XE75/BE95/BE85 From the website you sent above -> "Additionally, for a few Wi-Fi 6/6E/7 models like Deco X68/X90/XE75/BE95/BE85, etc. If you feel necessary, please add more Deco units by following the tips below."
Options
Sunday - last edited Sunday

GyanAccessFreak wrote

@Alexandre. 

X50: Has 2 ports. 1 POE in and 1 out for wired daisy chain another X50. However I still need to power up both in the X50 in the daisy chain. 

@GyanAccessFreak 

This is X50-PoE, it comes with two Ethernet ports. There is also 'regular' X50, identical to X55 - has three Ethernet ports. In your region, TP-Link could be selling either X50 or X55, no difference between them. If TP-Link sells both, get the model sold for less.

Deco X50: https://www.tp-link.com/ca/home-networking/deco/deco-x50/

Options
Monday

@Alexandre. 

Alex thanks. X50,55 not available. XE75 is in stock. But quite expensive, double here.

I don't need wired distribution to all devices. Like my amp needs Eth/wifi, Deco X60 will have one port free, So it will feed into switch. Then onto amp. All end points outlets can wire feed switch. Yes Little compromise. 

Or mix and match. 

XE75 - 3nos (use in daisy chain) 

X60 - 3Nos (use in end point) 

hope this is okay 

/Gyan

Options
Monday

@GyanAccessFreak 

I would not recommend XE75. It has many complains on that forum, more than any other Deco model.

If I to choose between X60 and X50/X55, my choice would be X50/X55. If choosing between X60 and XE75, I would go with X60 only.

Options
Monday

@Alexandre. 

I know why you are suggesting.

X55 - 2 ports. 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/deco-mesh-wifi/product-family/deco-x55/

X50 - 3 Ports

https://www.tp-link.com/us/deco-mesh-wifi/product-family/deco-x50/

Options
Monday - last edited Monday

GyanAccessFreak wrote

@Alexandre. 

X55 - 2 ports. 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/deco-mesh-wifi/product-family/deco-x55/

@GyanAccessFreak 

X55 has 3 ports. The link you provided shows 3 ports. Here is screenshot:

Options
Re:Deco X60 7-Deco and Wired-Daisy chain - Possible (See Picture)-Solution
Monday - last edited Yesterday
My Bad. You are right. X55 is available. just that he did not have in stock. he can get it pre-ordered within a week time. All GOOD! Thank you Alex. Appreciate it!.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 215

Replies: 9

Related Articles