Use TP-Link router instead of the provided ISP ONT GPON Router (Morocco - Maroc Telecom)

Use TP-Link router instead of the provided ISP ONT GPON Router (Morocco - Maroc Telecom)

Yesterday - last edited 18 hours ago
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20240407 rel.43274(4555)

Hello everyone,

I would like to bridge my GPON router to my TP-Link router (Main router with linked devices via EasyMesh [1 Router on AP mode (TP-Link) and 4 RE's (1 Wi-Fi 5 ; 3 Wi-Fi 6 | All TP-Link]) and I have all my PPPoE info with access to IPv6 and IPv4. I have access to all settings and all parameters on the GPON router.

Current configuration: FTTH - An optical cable connected to a GPON ONT modem (G-2426G-A running on unlocked firmware with full access)

• CAT-6 cable connected between the LAN port from ONT to the WAN port of my router.
  • PPPoE info is with me with the proper VLAN ID's for Internet, VoIP and IPTV
  • Connected the ONT directly to my TP Link router (Dynamic IP mode) via Double-NAT but creates lots of disconnects, inconsistency and latency for me. (At the moment)
  • 200Mbps Up/Down subscription (Max in Morocco).
Options
3 Reply
Re:Use TP-Link router instead of the provided ISP ONT GPON Router (Morocco - Maroc Telecom)
18 hours ago

@YanisTalbi 

Hi,thanks for posting question here.

May I confirm whether the unstable connection happens only when your clients connect to Archer AX73 via WiFi/Ethernet cable? Not related to your other TP-Link devices?

If so, please simpylify your network topology and you may refer to this guide to troubleshoot.

It is also suggested to contact local technical support from some help.

Options
Re:Use TP-Link router instead of the provided ISP ONT GPON Router (Morocco - Maroc Telecom)
5 hours ago
No, I am talking about the connection made with my TP-Link router to my GPON ISP router (Via an Ethernet cable) because it's just a Double-NAT DHCP routed setup and creates disconnects. My ISP recommends bridging but no guides were given. They said that this will happen unless it gets fixed to bridging.
Options
an hour ago - last edited an hour ago

@YanisTalbi 

Your ISP should be able to put the G-2426G-A in bridge mode but if they don't know how - here's a hint - <https>://broadband.forum/threads/how-to-use-nokia-2425g-router-in-bridge-mode.207947/post-1508687

A XS-2426G-A device product guide can give your more details on its configuration options - <https>://assets-us-01.kc-usercontent.com/b33dc2a4-d1b6-0080-5fc3-5fd76f8f7dab/b6a712e7-a5c4-49a9-bf7e-afea5caf46f4/XS-2426G-A%20User-Manual.pdf

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options