Votes

Archer AX72Pro EU version- EasyMesh support in AP mode

Sunday - last edited Monday
Model: Archer AX72 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest version available as 09/29/24

Hi everyone. I bought the archer ax 72 pro a few months ago and I have been loving it since day 1. The only thing I miss in this router is the ability to use Easymesh/onemesh in AP mode. Because of my ISP I need to keep their router as modem, and it would be better for me to use the 72pro as AP but at the same time I need the Mesh function to have smooth and reliable wifi performance in my house. I saw that recently tplink released the software updates to enable EasyMesh in AP mode in a lot of router but sadly mine isn't a part of this list (https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/threads/topic/697572). Since some cheaper routers got this feature (ax55 for example) I'm wondering if and when this feature will be available on my router. I hope tp link is working on it, and I'm also open to be a beta tester for this feature on my router. Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX72Pro EU version- EasyMesh support in AP mode
Monday - last edited Monday

@AntMala 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if this feature can come to your home router, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility.

BTW, even if Archer AX72 Pro supports Easymesh in AP mode, your main modem router should support Easymesh as well.

It is suggested to read Q4 in this guide to know more.

Options
Monday

@Marvin_S Thanks for the answer. So even if tplink enables easymesh in ap mode i cant just put my a72pro as AP and have a mesh network with my wifi repeater, while the ISP router acts as a modem/router? 

Options
Monday - last edited Monday

I mean here it shows in Topo1 that you don't need to have easymesh on the gateway ISP

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/threads/topic/697572

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 86

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.