Print to Canon printer(on main network) from guest network

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.4 Build 20240718 Rel. 76925

I have a Canon MF624CW printer connected wirelessly to my main network. This main network is hidden. I have some devices on my guest wireless network that would like to print to this printer that's on my main network. Can this even be done? if yes, how do I get my printer to be seen and accessed by the guest devices?

Thanks very much in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Print to Canon printer(on main network) from guest network
a week ago

@Stan_Cher 

Hi

For security reasons, the guest network and the main network are isolated by default in wireless router mode. It is recommended that you connect the printer and other devices to the same network to print.

Options
Re:Print to Canon printer(on main network) from guest network
a week ago

@Joseph-TP Thanks for the teply. I should've mentioned in my initial post that I totally understand the reason for segregation of main network from guest and I have widely employed this in my workplaces. I just happen to be in a unique situation at home where I have my kids' school laptops on the guest network(that I don't want on my main network) but still want them to print to the printer(the only one I have at home) that is on the main network. Wired connections aren't an option at my home either, I know there are ways to circumvent this segregation and get the guests to talk to one device that can be exclusively allowed on the guess network(by rules or such), and that's what I'm trying to find out here. Let me know. Thanks.

Options