Use TP-Link router instead of the provided ISP ONT GPON Router (Morocco - Orange)

Use TP-Link router instead of the provided ISP ONT GPON Router (Morocco - Orange)

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20240407 rel.43274(4555)

Hello everyone,

Orange (Meditelecom - ISP) forces us to use their weak router (ZTE ZXHN F6600P - not bad just really weak Wi-Fi for my home and the Mesh Wi-Fi function is broken). They do not provide any information about the configuration and do not help with anything about the connection. They gave us authorization to change the router under our discretion but they can't provide login nor nothing not even an administrator password because they don't know it as all of their configuration is done random generated by TR-069 protocol through their platform which their technician don't even have access to view the account name and password for PPPoE which is just absurd.😂

They only provided access to an "Support" user account which grants just access to some options like change Wi-Fi band frequency and basic options for WAN configuration and not giving a bridge option even only routing. I was able to bridge well actually use the router as just like an Fiber to ethernet adapter of sorts with my old ISP (Maroc Telecom - G-240W-A [I still have it because we own it since here you buy the router just like a router and it's your property]). On that old modem from my old ISP, I was granted the superuser account so as access to TELNET and such but on this new one from my new ISP. There is no option for telnet and it just is blocked and I have attempted everything but to no avail. There isn't even an option to backup or restore getting/using a file on the ONT router.

They wanted to help us with a firmware upgrade to stock for the ONT router to have access to everything but they don't have the firmware only theirs and upon request from ZTE through email. They told us that "they can't provide support, contact your ISP" and the ISP is telling us "We can't provide support since our firmware is blocked, contact ZTE coming from us". 

I have tried countless methods but to no avail on configuring the ONT router as a bridge type "Fiber to Ethernet dongle" sort of anyways (I'm not a pro so please don't come hating on me just an amateur) nor I was able to get PPPoE information from the ISP nor trying some methods using a "factorymode hack for telnet" which all did not work.

On my previous ISP provider's ONT Router, I used this blog for the configuration of my previous router however this is no longer applicable although I was thinking of maybe trying on resetting my old router and trying to apply the settings on the old modem but the problem is they don't know how nor anything because it's done by TR-069 and the config well they don't know because it is also blocked on this router.

Current configuration: FTTH - An optical cable connected to a GPON ONT modem (F6600P running on locked firmware with no access to superuser nor telnet for that matter)

• CAT-6 cable connected between the LAN port from ONT to the WAN port of my router.
  • Cloned the WAN MAC address of the ZTE router, but it did not work.
  • Bridge is not available nor access to TR-069 options.
  • PPPoE info is unknown
  • Connected the ONT directly to your TP Link router (Dynamic IP mode) creates Double-NAT situation and creates lots of disconnects, inconsistency and latency for me.
  • I have a 250Mbps subscription (Max in Morocco).

Options
2 Reply
Re:Use TP-Link router instead of the provided ISP ONT GPON Router (Morocco - Orange)
3 weeks ago

@YanisTalbi 

Hi,

As you have no PPPoE username and password information, and cannot get it from the current modem router, it is recommended to keep your current network topology, and lte the AX73 work in access point mode.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Use TP-Link router instead of the provided ISP ONT GPON Router (Morocco - Orange)
3 weeks ago
But I have two AP's and one RE on EasyMesh and you can't use them on AP mode.
Options