Satellite Deco Units Work Well but Display Offline on the Deco APP

Satellite Deco Units Work Well but Display Offline on the Deco APP

41 Reply
Re:Satellite Deco Units Work Well but Display Offline on the Deco APP
a week ago

@Heidi_Alp 

That could be true but I can only see on the app, devices that are connected to the main deco.

This upgrade seems to have caused this issue with me as I didn't have it before I upgraded to this version. I was advised to upgrade to this version to stop another issue where my main deco kept losing connection and dropping signal.

Thanks 

Options
a week ago

@David-TP 

Hi David, happy to say that i have loaded the firmware in all Deco's (x50, px50 and m5's) and have not seen any issue for 6 hours. Cheers Vince

Options
Friday

@Nytram 

I've Deco P9 units and I've also upgraded to 1.2.1_build_20240904_Beta

And now I have the issue which this beta firmware is supposed to fix.

I see all deco units offline both in Deco app and web ui of main Deco unit but all these units still work and provide network access.

I didn't have "display offline" issue before updating to this beta firmware. Now I have it. Good that at lease the network didn't break.

Options
Friday

@David-TP 

Also I see the following behavior with 1.2.1_build_20240904_Beta  on Deco P9 units:

If I reset Deco P9 unit (with firmware 1.2.1_build_20240904_Beta installed) and try to add it to existing mesh network, it will be added but I will not be able to login to the added Deco P9 unit with web ui. It shows incorrect password error despite the fact that I enter the correct password for TP-Link ID.

If I downgrade Deco P9 unit to firmware 1.2.1 Build 20240716 and add it to the existing network - it will be shown as online unit in app and web ui and TP-Link ID password will be correctly set on the device. After upgrading to 1.2.1_build_20240904_Beta unit becomes offline in app and web ui, but it still accepts TP-Link ID password.

Options
Friday

@SayeemAhmed First of all you have downloaded the wrong firmware file of Deco M4 you downloaded the V4 file not V2 and if u want to use this firmware use PC or Laptop to install via recovery mode and im also using this beta firmware 1.6.2 because 1.7.0 has many bugs for me.

Options
Saturday

@ARGamingPK1 how i can use the recovery mode at pic or laptop please help me...???? 

Sayeem Ahmed
Options
Saturday

@SayeemAhmed Follow the steps from the link below.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2958/

Options
Saturday

@Devid TP  @ARGamingPK1 new problem 

Sayeem Ahmed
Options
Sunday

@SayeemAhmed What's the problem now?

Options
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

@David-TP 

Hello once again!

I know you don't like to answer and discuss inconvinient issues, but we have to.

So since the previous official version worked terrible on my 3 deco x50 v.1 system located within 100sq.m. ( deco appeared and disappeared we can't access in Deco app, same with clients.... ), i have tried this beta version.

Nothing has changed to the brighter side. 

But some remarks, which may help to my mind

1. All problems with clients online/ offline usually starts as soon as i want to make some editing with preferred connections - 2.4 only or 5ghz only, or try to select and fix particular deco unit for certain client. So once again, if nothing is touched, system is working somehow plus/ minus

2. As soon i start editing, i noticed, that system does not appear to be capable to remember and save my changes and ....... just crushes! Then it start self restarting and restoring process, during which we see these lost decos and clients... and since the edited settings were not properly saved or remembered in some special files, later, when we can access decos and clients again - we see the total mess inside

So i think you should change the way your system is trying to remember and change required setting for clients.

Options