if i ever try to use any wifi channel other than the repeater one its not receiving any internet

if i ever try to use any wifi channel other than the repeater one its not receiving any internet

2024-08-24 13:19:11
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

does the wifi extender disbable all other channel of the wifi on my main router while its working ?

Options
6 Reply
Re:if i ever try to use any wifi channel other than the repeater one its not receiving any internet
2024-08-24 15:47:25

@Ahmed_Taha 

Make sure you're with the latest FW for your range extender. You can check its model and hardware version on its bottom sticker - details.

If it is TL-WA855RE v5 update to the latest firmware from here. Here's how to update the RE firmware - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:if i ever try to use any wifi channel other than the repeater one its not receiving any internet
2024-09-05 15:19:43 - last edited 2024-09-05 15:20:57

@Ahmed_Taha 

I have the same problem and I haven't fix it yet.

As soon as I enable extender I can't connect to the main router network from my laptop, I have an error 'Wi-fi doesn't get a valid IP configuration' and it can't be fixed,  and only after turning off the extender I easily can connect to the main router network.

the same extender model - TP-LINK TL-WA850RE.

Router - Archer c80.

Options
2024-09-05 18:16:58

@uncledrew 

Hi,

In case the hardware version of your TL-WA850RE was 7.x, then updating it to the latest available firmware version should resolve that issue for you.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/628396

Options
2024-09-05 19:34:24

@woozle 

There is no button 'Update' for extender in 'Tether' application.

Options
2024-09-06 07:51:57

@woozle 

Why extender can't be updated by itself with official version?

How should I check current version of firmware of the extender?

Options
2024-09-14 06:34:29

@woozle 

Thanks. I updated it to TL-WA850RE(EU)_V7_1.0.13 Build 231115 and it helped. Thank you very much

Options