Deco x20 Ethernet Backhaul Arlo Hub

2024-08-16 14:02:55

Hello.

I hope someone can help me. I have three deco x20. The main x20 is wired directly to my modem and the other two x20 are connected via wifi. In one of the satellite x20 I have wired my Arlo Hub. The problem is that deco thinks that my Arlo Hub functions as Ethernet Backhaul and that the connection between my satellite x20 and main x20 is wired. This means that the connection will be slow. The Arlo Hub must be wired to work. And I can't get the x20 to deselect Ethernet backhaul so that it always uses wifi to communicate with the main x20. Can anyone help me? The problem has occurred recently. It wasn't a problem before. Kind regards, Mikkel.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco x20 Ethernet Backhaul Arlo Hub
2024-08-18 08:40:15

@thebroen 

Hi

Are the Arlo Hub and satellite Deco connected directly via wires or through a switch? If it is a Switch, please try to remove the switch and connect the Arlo Hub and satellite Deco directly with wires.
If possible, please share the detailed topology of your home and a screenshot of the network map page of Deco APP.

Options
2024-08-19 07:32:47

@Joseph-TP 

Hi Joseph-TP.

Thank you for your reply.
The Arlo Hub is wired directly into my Deco satellite.

I have tried to make the diagram and screen print you requestet. I hope that is sufficient. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Kind regards, Mikkel.

Options
2024-08-20 03:02:59

@thebroen 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

Could you please also refer to this link to submit the Deco APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

A new firmware 1.5.5 for Deco X20_V4/v4.6 was released a few days ago. If possible, I think you could try to update to this version to see whether it helped with the current issue:

Deco X20_V4_Build 1.5.5 Build 20240718

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-08-20 04:27:13

@David-TP 

Thank for your time. 

I have tried to send the log through the deco app.

in relation to the firmware upgrade, it says in clear red that I must follow the local tp-link. When I go to tp-link.com/dk, the latest firmware is 1.20, and installing 1.55 will be against the warranty. How should I deal with it?

Kind regards.

Options
2024-08-21 03:05:49

@thebroen 

Hi, Thanks for the APP log. It has been forwarded to the senior engineer and he will update the email as soon as possible.

It is right to be cautious laugh. Deco often shares the same download link across various regions and sometimes, the local web support might not load the latest firmware as timely as the /en site. We could postpone the 1.5.5 upgrade and wait for the senior to see whether he had any other suggestions.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-08-21 05:00:20

@David-TP 

Thank you very much for your help.

I'm looking forward to continue the dialogue with the senior engineer.

Have a nice day. 

Mikkel.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 184

Replies: 6

Related Articles