Showing Obtaining Ip Address when used as a wifi extender | only one device can connect

Showing Obtaining Ip Address when used as a wifi extender | only one device can connect

2024-08-16 02:37:42 - last edited 2024-08-16 02:38:48
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.19 v0001.0 Build 221117 Rel.32743n

I used my secondary tplink wr840 as wifi extender with my primary router. Problem is when I used secondary router as wifi extender only one phone is connected with the secondary router but my another phone continuosly showing Obtaining ip address. As soon as I turned off my secondary router, my second phone connects with the main router but not connecting while using secondary router. But there is no issue when i used my secondary router as router instead of wifi extender. Tplink only supports 1 device for wifi extender or this is a problem of my secondary router?

Should I go for the warranty?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Showing Obtaining Ip Address when used as a wifi extender | only one device can connect
2024-08-18 09:40:46

@FahadFIT 

Hi

It is recommended that you first use the second phone to connect to the TL-WR840N in extender mode, and then try to connect the first phone. If it still shows that the IP is being obtained, it is recommended that you reboot the router.
Did the problem happen recently?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 97

Replies: 1

Related Articles