Setup Recommendations - M5 > XE75 & Router Options?

2024-08-14 10:14:50

Hi, I'm looking for some advice please.

I currently have a TP Link Deco M5 setup, with 6 devices across the three floors of my house - 1550 square foot.

I have this operating in router mode, with the one closest to my Sky router connected via ethernet.

The supply speed is 500mbps upload, which I do almost achieve if I'm standing right next to the router-connected M5, but naturally throughout the house it fluctuates and averages at around 50mbps - 90% loss from the supply.

I've been doing some research on the XE75 and wondered if you would recommend this? - purchasing three, one per floor.

The router I currently have is the standard Sky provisioned, which I'm guessing is pretty poor. Is there any benefit to me also purchasing a new router to replace this, if I am to purchase three XE75s?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Setup Recommendations - M5 > XE75 & Router Options?
2024-08-15 09:04:41

@Sidey 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Do you have any WiFi 6/6E devices or devices that support 6GHz Wi-Fi?

If the current mobile devices are mainly WiFi 5(up to 802.11ac), the overall network performance might not be greatly improved after upgrading to Deco XE75.

Is there any chance that you could connect the satellite Deco units via Ethernet Backhaul? I think it can improve the network speed a lot.

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Setup Recommendations - M5 > XE75 & Router Options?
2024-08-18 13:09:34

@David-TP 

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm actually not that clued up to be honest, in terms of WiFi 6/6E devices. I have a few smart devices, phones, computers/laptops, and other modern house tech.

Why do you say the XE75 would potentially not help? Is this because it has the third channel of WiFi 6/6E?

I'm not sure I could without chasing out walls and re-plastering/decorating. But if I can't fix it via wireless technology, I'm guessing that is my best shout.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 123

Replies: 2

Related Articles