X60 V3.2 vs V3.6 vs V4.X and Eco mode

2024-07-26 15:32:45 - last edited 2024-07-26 15:37:40
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I recently switched from a Netgear Orbi setup to a Deco X60 setup, because I was disappointed with frequent satellite conenction loss issues with the Orbi and was done with it after several years. I managed to get the Decos with a little discount, because it was a B-stock (had been returned by the previous buyer within the grace period).

Everything is working great, however, I'm quite disappointed with the relatively high power usage of the system. I put the base and one satellite on smart plugs which I can monitor in real time, and they both indicate between 9-10W on idle. I never measured the Orbis exactly, but from total standby usage in my house which also is being recorded I can see a significant increase (10 to 25 W more on average for minimum power draw overnight) while the Orbis were WiFi 6 too. I now put the smart plug which feeds the attic satellite on a schedule to be off overnight, cause having the additional range there makes no sense in those hours.

I stumbled upon the Eco mode setting which seems to be missing from my app. I read that it is only available for certain HW revisions at this point. My Deco seems to be V3.2.

1. Will Eco mode come to the X60 V3.2?
  2. Does anybody know if newer HW revisions have a better power usage out of the box? I found a V3 data sheet which lists a 2.0 A  adapter, and a V4 data sheet which lists a 1.5 A adapter. However, I'm V3(.2) and already seem to have gotten the 1.5 A adapters with it so I doubt whether V4 would be much better.

I just would like to know if it would make sense to contact my supplier if I could get my system swapped for a V4 if they happen to have them in stock.

Options
1 Reply
Re:X60 V3.2 vs V3.6 vs V4.X and Eco mode
2024-07-27 09:52:50

@danielschenk 

1. Maybe

2. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Since you already have the better adapter, there's no need to worry

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 208

Replies: 1

Related Articles