X20-DSL - Failing to save settings

2024-07-22 08:33:07
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1_1.0.13

Hi

I am having issues setting up my X20-DSL with Freeola VDSL/SOGEA connections - which I believe works similarly to Zen Internet in terms of configuration, everytime I do manage to get to put my username and password in, it just fails to save the settings, same if I say try to change things like the VLAN and Annex.

It constantly states its failing to save the settings and whilst it is showing a connection to the internet, its unusable. Ive tried various ways to try configure the DSL portion of this equipment now.

Can I please get some assistance?

Thanks

Options
10 Reply
Re:X20-DSL - Failing to save settings
2024-07-23 06:51:21

@TamerUK_ 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Are you changing the DSL/internet connection when the mobile phone is connected to the Wi-Fi of Deco X20-DSL?

Please also make sure the Deco APP is up to date.

You could also temporarily unplug all the satellite Deco units and leave the main Deco X20-DSL only to modify the DSL settings.

If still the same, Can you record a video clip(or save some screenshots) when the Deco APP fails to save the settings?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-07-23 08:55:37

@David-TP 

Hi

Yes my mobile phone was connected to the WiFi at the time, could see everything as normal in the deco app, all my mesh items were showing.

I have managed to get it connected now albeit the connection is very slow, it's only pulling around 19mbps down, so spoken to my ISP however and they are advising the X20-DSL is the issue, likely bad configuration or incompatibility.

But I can't change the configuration at all, it simply won't save. They are up to date on the latest firmware.

So for example if I go into the quick setup then try to use a custom configuration, I put the PPPoE, username and password, vlan ID, I click save, it pauses for about a minute then just fails.

Same in the DSL settings and IPTV settings, if I change anything it just fails.

Thanks

Options
2024-07-23 09:00:05

Here's the configuration I am being provided to use for my ISP - Freeola

Your Freeola Username and Password.

Transfer Mode - PTM.

Multiplexing, VPI and VCI are not needed and can be left as the defaults.

Encapsulation - PPPoE.

MTU - Set to Auto if available or 1500.

VLAN tagging - On.

Some routers do not have this setting, and some will describe VLAN as 802.1q.

VLAN ID - 101.

Annex - A.

For single static IP connection the connection should be set to retrieve the WAN IP, DNS and gateway automatically.

Options
2024-07-23 19:00:57

Just to add more to this I have now managed to get it synced, however its speeds are not exceeding 19Mbps, it simply will not go any higher despite syncing higher. Other equipment works perfectly fine, my ISP can see the X20-DSL sync at the speeds displayed on the Deco app, yet the throughput will no go greater than 19mbps and 0.9mbps up.

Options
2024-07-23 19:03:38

@David-TP 

I have included a log file for you to look at too

File:
log-2024-07-23.zipDownload
Options
2024-07-24 07:28:54 - last edited 2024-07-24 07:31:49

@TamerUK_ 

Hi,  Thanks for the update.

"the throughput will not go greater than 19mbps and 0.9mbps up."

- Is it the Ethernet speed from Deco X20-DSL or wireless speed?

-If it was Wi-Fi, Please make sure It is connected to Deco X20-DSL, not from the satellite Deco.

After that, please disable 2.4GHz and enable 5GHz only and test the speed again.

As for the Annex type, did it make any difference to the speed if we set it to "Annet Auto"?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-07-24 07:48:58

@David-TP 

Hi David,

Speeds showing are via ethernet and wifi, both tests are identical.

When settings the DSL Modulation type to VDSL - I dont get an option for Annex Auto, just A or B. The ISP have confirmed A as the choice.

No they did not supply a modem, thats why I bought this as I have other Deco devices I wanted something that sat inside the same mesh system.

Thanks

Options
2024-07-24 07:52:42

@David-TP 

Disabling the 2.4ghz doesnt provide any different results either.

Thanks

Options
2024-07-25 06:43:08

@TamerUK_ 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

In this way, I'd like to forward your case to the senior engineer directly for more advice.

Please check whether you have received my email.

Best regards.

Options
2024-07-25 07:01:47

@David-TP 

Sure no problem, I managed to get hold of TD-W9960 and can confirm the X20-DSL is the issue, as soon I configured this in the same manner speeds went up.

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 298

Replies: 10

Related Articles