How to Setup Deco M4 with Youfibre Arris NVG578LX

2024-07-02 08:08:01
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I can't find much info about this Googling, or maybe I'm just not technically adept enough to understand it!

I've had Deco M4 for a while, previously setup with a Virgin Media Superhub and all worked well. It's a while since I did it but I have a feeling it may have been setup in modem mode I can't remember exactly, but the setup ran like this: Deco M4 connected to Superhub - Ethernet cables from smart TV/Xbox Etc. also connected to Superhub

I'd like to do the same on the new Arris router but I'm not sure how. I know there's various setup methods for the Deco, but as above I'd like to continue to be able to use the four ethernet ports on the Arris if that makes sense.

Additionally if relevant, my connection is now 500mbps, is the M4 capable of running this (previously I had 250mbps)?

Thanks in advance :)

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to Setup Deco M4 with Youfibre Arris NVG578LX
2024-07-02 12:50:18 - last edited 2024-07-02 12:51:04

@pigdogpig 

To use Ethernet ports of Arris router you will need to configure Deco mesh run in Access Point mode: Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode

No configuration changes are required on Arris, keep its original configuration it came with from ISP, but it is recommended to turn its WiFi off so that it does not interfere with Deco mesh WiFi signal.

You should be able to get 500Mbps over WiFi from Main Deco M4. If you connect Satellite Deco M4 with Ethernet cable to Main Deco or to Arris router, these Satellites will deliver same speed as Main Deco.

For Satellite Deco connected to Main Deco over WiFi, their speed will be about half of what Main Deco delivers.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 1

Related Articles