Questions regarding EasyMesh with Ethernet backhaul setup

2024-06-07 20:41:36 - last edited 2024-06-07 20:44:33
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.10 Build 20240130 Rel. 77367(5553)

I wish to purchase 3 devices mentioned above(Archer AX10) and use EasyMesh with Ethernet backhaul as shown in the photo below.

Questions:

1: After enabling EasyMesh, will the wired devices connected to router 1,2 and 3 be on the same subnet? Will they be able to see each other? Will I able to use a wifi printer connected to a different router?

2. Will I have 4 lan ports free on routers 2 and 3; and 3 lan ports free on router 1 after EasyMesh is enabled? (I read in this forum that during EasyMesh ethernet cable has to be connected to the lan port but will the 4 lan ports be free after that, with ethernet cable in the wan port and the ethernet backhaul active.)

3. What happens to the Guest wifi after EasyMesh is enabled? As far as I understand it, EasyMesh does not work on Guest wifi, but what about setting up and enabling/ monitoring guest wifi on all the routers? Will it be done individually on all three?

4. If the answer to the first two questions is yes, then will I be able to connect IP cameras(VIGI C400HP V2) and the NVR(VIGI NVR1008H V2) via ethernet as shown below and have them be on the same network with EasyMesh enabled?

PS: I have represented only wired devices on the diagrams.

Thank you for helping!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Questions regarding EasyMesh with Ethernet backhaul setup
2024-06-11 06:14:24

@ledebe 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

1.After enabling Easymesh, there will be a main router and 2 satellite routers under a mesh network, and all clients will obtain IP address from main router, so the Subnet should be the same. And they can see each other, usually.

2. It is suggested to refer to this article to know about how to set up Easymesh Ethernet backhaul. I think there will be 3 free Lan ports on router2, because you also need to connect one Lan port on router2 to router3 via Ethernet cable.

3.Guest network does not work on satellite routers. And it is not possible to set up guest network before adding them as satellite routers, as factory reset is the first step.

4.Yes, different IP cameras connected to different routers under Easymesh network should be on the same network.

Options
2024-06-11 06:24:30

@Marvin_S 

Thank you for the detailed answer.

2. It is suggested to refer to this article to know about how to set up Easymesh Ethernet backhaul. I think there will be 3 free Lan ports on router2, because you also need to connect one Lan port on router2 to router3 via Ethernet cable.

Yep, I missed that.

Regarding guest network, if I understand it correctly, after easy mesh there will be one guest network, managed from the main router and the same settings will apply to the satellite routers as well. It is just that it will not be EasyMesh wifi. Am I right?

Options
2024-06-12 01:31:59

@ledebe 

Hi, my understanding is that satellite routers does not support guest network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 303

Replies: 3

Related Articles