Randomly cannot access some webpages

2024-06-06 15:30:55 - last edited 2024-06-06 15:32:54
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.16 Build 20230828 rel.44667(5553)

Hello,

I have been randomly facing this issue when internet stops working for a few seconds, sometimes 10 seconds, sometimes 30 seconds.

At first, I thought it might just be my ISP but then I found that it is happening even for router's webpage (i.e., 192.168.1.1).

So, it is definitely related to the router. I have tried resetting the router but it didn't solve anything.

I have tried different ethernet ports, different ethernet cables as well as different devices. It happens over Wi-Fi as well.

So, is there anything else I can do about this? TP-Link does not have any service centre close to me, so that's not the option.

Edit: Forgot to mention, when this happens, I can still ping or do traceroute without issues. Also, some sites work fine while some do not. Tried different browsers at the same time and it was the same case.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Randomly cannot access some webpages
2024-06-07 02:46:29

@Zuke 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

When the issue happens, did you fail to acces specific websites always? Or is it random websites?

There are a few different cases related with unstable connection, including WAN connection unstable and wireless client devices unstable.

For WAN connection unstable (Router Internet LED turns red/orange occasionally):

1) Connect a PC directly into your modem to verify if your ISP Internet is stable.

2) Make sure the Ethernet cable between your modem and the Router is connected properly, replaced old cables with new ones.

3) Change the DNS Server of the Router, login the web management interface of the Router, go to Advanced > Network > Internet > Advanced Settings, change the two DNS Servers into 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8.

4) Go to Advanced > System > Firmware Update to upgrade the firmware of the Router.

For wireless client devices unstable:

1) Make sure the Router is properly placed, it should be put in open area instead of inside a cabinet or shelf.

2) Login the web management interface of the Router, go to Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Settings, change the wireless channel into another one.

3) For 2.4GHz wireless client devices, adjust 2.4GHz channel width into 20MHz, for 5G wireless client devices, adjust 5GHz channel width into 80MHz or 40MHz to avoid interference.

If the issue persists, please contact local support with the result of the above troubleshooting steps.

Options
2024-06-07 03:05:46 - last edited 2024-06-07 03:07:00

@Marvin_S It is some random websites (they are not specific, happens randomly for different sites, including 192.168.1.1) which are not accessible when this happens and it even includes my router's page, 192.168.1.1. So, I don't think it is internet related problem. And it occurs in both wireless and wired state, I even tried different cables and different ports on the router. It happens in different devices as well.

Weird thing is, I was running PingPlotter test at such times and I saw nothing unusual there. I could even ping the site which is not opening without issues. And considering it is happening in multiple devices and even with the router's web UI page, I am sure it has something to do with the router.

By the way, do you have any other recommended firmware for Archer A6 V3? I assume it has been happening ever since I upgraded to this version.

Also, ever since the last update, it fails to check for updates as well. No idea why. Internet is working fine here.

Options
2024-06-13 09:24:15

@Zuke 

Hi,if your router got public IP address, did you try to change DNS Server as suggested?

You may try to downgrade firmware if the issue happened since firmware update. It is also suggested to contact local support to confirm further if the same issue remains.

Options
2024-06-13 10:16:14 - last edited 2024-06-13 10:17:26

Hello again!

Yes, I forgot to mention that I have tried changing DNS. And I will try older firmware and let you know if there is any difference.

And I doubt my ISP would do anything about it. They don't care about anything, let alone their customer using third-party router. xD

Options
2024-06-13 16:34:28 - last edited 2024-06-13 16:35:09

I don't know what's the issue but it seems to be happening only in Chromium based browsers. Firefox is working fine but Edge, Vivaldi and Chrome are facing the same issue.

I have used Firefox for a while today and didn't face it once but faced it a few times with those Chromium browsers.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 253

Replies: 5

Related Articles