Mesh Deco XE75 Pro on different subnets

2024-06-05 01:52:22
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.9

I am experiencing issues with setting up my TP-Link Deco X75 Pro mesh network where the main router is on a different subnet than the other Deco nodes. Despite attempting various configurations, the satellite nodes are unable to connect to the main router.

The main router (Deco) is intended to be on a different subnet than the satellite nodes.

When I set the Deco system to Router mode, the satellite nodes consistently fail to connect to the main router. The LED indicators on the satellite nodes remain red, indicating a connectivity issue.

I then switched the Deco system to Access Point (AP) mode, but the satellite nodes still could not establish a connection with the main router. The LED indicators continued to show red.

My intention is to have the main Deco router on one subnet and the satellite nodes on another subnet, yet maintain a functioning mesh network.

In Router mode, the satellite nodes could not connect to the main router, indicated by red LED lights.

In Access Point mode, the issue persisted with the satellite nodes still unable to connect, showing red LED lights.

Main router IP address range: (Example: 192.168.3.x/24)

Satellite nodes attempted IP address range: (Example: 192.168.4.x/24)

I have restarted all devices including the main router and Deco nodes multiple times.

Firmware on all Deco devices is up-to-date.

No IP conflicts detected.

I can confirm that on the same networks the set works in AP mode and also router mode.

Any ideas if that is possible at all? There is no visibility so I have no idea what is going in under the hood to troubleshoot 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Mesh Deco XE75 Pro on different subnets
2024-06-06 05:53:09

@Darek_01 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

All Deco units in the same Mesh system need to be under the same IP subnet no matter whether in wireless router mode or access point mode.

May I know why you want to set Deco units under different subnets, to match the Muti-VLAN configurations on the main ISP router/smart managed switch?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-06-10 01:18:06

Thanks for your reply @David-TP so this set will not work for my setup I guess. I had to split the mesh into 2 networks as mesh would not work across different subsets (haven't check this before I bough ths unfortunately). 

My case may be not very common though, but I though this would not be an issue, I have ipsec between 2 sites which are relatively close (200 meters apart) and L2IPSEC i not really something I would want to resort to. (no other direct connections are possible other then VPN in my case)

Options
2 weeks ago

@Darek_01 try setting your subnet mask to 255.255.254.0 (ie. /23 CIDR) and your DHCP start IP to be 192.168.3.10 and your end IP 192.168.4.200 - that should do it.

It's not that you can't do it, it's probably because the netmask is set to /24 instead of /23.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 355

Replies: 3

Related Articles