Ethernet Backhaul Issues

Ethernet Backhaul Issues

Ethernet Backhaul Issues
Ethernet Backhaul Issues
2024-05-21 16:16:47
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.9 Build20231225 Rel.57498

Hi I'm hoping that someone can help me troubleshoot an issue I'm having with my ethernet backhaul and coverage with my Deco XE75 Pros.

My ISP is AT&T Fiber. Unfortunately, the Fiber line terminal is in the concrete basement utility room, but i have cat5e running through the house. I have the AT&T fiber modem (turned off router functions for Deco) that is connected into my main deco which serves as my router on the second floor. Also plugged into the fiber modem is a switch that i am plugging two secondary deco units into for ethernet backhaul (one in the basement, one on first floor). My problem is that the secondary deco units arent connecting to the wired backhaul, and the secondary deco in the basement isnt even able to get a good signal.

I've also purchased an XE 50 outdoor and am hoping to use PoE and run cable into the switch in the basement for outdoor coverage, in testing the POE of the unit into the switch, (before installing) it wasnt working.  Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I've attached a diagram of my setup below. Thanks in advance?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ethernet Backhaul Issues
2024-05-21 16:32:54 - last edited 2024-05-21 16:33:24

@tinyDANster 

Do a simple test that will help with troubleshooting:

Bring Main Deco to where AT&T modem or switch are, and connect AT&T modem through Main Deco to the switch 

AT&T modem <--Ethernet--> Main Deco <--Ethernet--> switch

See if with this setup Satellite Decos start using Ethernet backhaul. If they do, hook X50 Outdoor to the switch and see if it works, too.

-----------

Results of that test will help me give you recommendations. 

Options
Re:Ethernet Backhaul Issues
2024-05-26 22:53:22

@Alexandre. Made the switch making the main deco to the one by the att router and it worked- Thank you! PoE for the x50 still not working though gene plugged in into the switch 

Options