Spotify on Google TV or chromecast

Spotify on Google TV or chromecast

14 Reply
Re:Spotify on Google TV or chromecast
3 weeks ago

@RoryTurner2k 

Hi Rory, thanks for the reply, I understand most tech just fine, I think it's an incompatibility between the router and sky's implementation of IPV6.

I had a car raised with TPlink and Spotify and their level 2 support couldn't figure it out.

I have since re-installed the Sky router disabled it's WiFi, connected the Archer C6 in bridge mode via ethernet.

Everything now works fine. I am sure I can't be the only one who has had this issue as the stock Sky router is not great in my opinion.

Cheers anyway

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Cactusdan78 

Hi, we have a pre-release firmware for Archer C6 V4, which brings some optimizations.

It is suggested to update to thr pre-release firmware from our official thread.

If it does not help, our senior engineering team would like to take remote session with you for further analysis and research.

Thanks for cooperation~

Options
a week ago

@Cactusdan78 I’m having trouble casting Spotify to my TV with Chromecast. The app opens, but there’s no sound. It only works when I use my phone’s hotspot. This issue started after I got a new router, and the logs don’t show anything blocked. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Options
a week ago

Hi  @enzo5  this is the exact issue I had and I tried everything I could think of, change DNS even turn off firewall etc. The only work around in the end which sort of defeats the object was to re-installed the SkY router and connect the TP-Link router in bridge mode. I disabled the WiFi on the sky router. All the odd issues I was having then disappeared. Another issue I had was if you reset a Google device, Hub or camera etc the setup failed, this now also works fine. TP Link did reply to this thread with a new version of software to try but tbh it's that much of a faff when you have a lot of devices to reset everything I haven't tried it yet. I still think it's some issue with service providers that are using IPV6 but am no expert.

Options