How do I enable 'bypass mode' with this router?

2024-05-20 03:10:55 - last edited 2024-05-21 01:29:54
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have installed a TL-MR6400 Router in an office detached from our house.  It is connected by ethernet cable to our main wifi router in the house, but am advised that this may cause communication problems due to double NAT (not really sure what this means!) .  I am advised to reset the office Router in 'bypass mode' to eliminate this problem.   How do I do this with the TL-MR6400 Router?

Options
4 Reply
Re:How do I enable 'bypass mode' with this router?
2024-05-21 01:36:18

@RobCon 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

It is a pity that the router only supports 3G/4G Router Mode and Wireless Router Mode. Usually,  a normal wireless router supports both wirelss router mode and Access Point mode. With using AP mode, you can avoide double-NAT with your main wireless router.

Options
2024-05-23 23:20:14

@Marvin_S 

Thanks Marvin - yes I understand that 'Bypass Mode' should allow avoiding Double Nat which has  been causing problems with my main Router.  I was hoping that some one could tell me how to do this with my secondary TP-Link TL-MR6400 router i.e. how does one set it to Bypass Mode?

Options
2024-05-23 23:38:10
Apologies - I think I misunderstood your response Marvin. I assume u mean that the TL-MR6400 does NOT support Access Mode, in which case I will need to buy another Router which does support Access Point mode?
Options
2024-05-27 11:36:44

@RobCon 

It's OK. And yes.

Common wireless routers which support wireless router and Access point mode for your reference: Wi-Fi Routers

Find the Router for You

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 4

Related Articles