make Guest and IoT Networks Mesh-able and extendable

2024-05-10 16:21:34 - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 (latest)

as per title, and per image bellow:

it is absolutely useless to have an option to enable Guest and IoT Network if they are NOT transmitted/extended by EasyMesh

we have guests up there and surprise-surprise we also have a lot of IoT devices up there and all over the place. whole point of having Geust and IoT Network is to unload and secure the main wifi network. it is unacceptable to not have an option to extend those too.

what if we want to connect IoT devices up there too? or what if we do not need Guest Network down there at all, only up?

therefore, make it happen to be able to select multiple (at least) 2,4Ghz SSIDs to be extended when establishing EasyMesh Network 

as things are now we can do only:

1. not use Guest and IoT Networks and have all devices and guests on the main wifi network
  2. buy 4 more extenders to extend Guest and IoT Networks in two directions (UNACCEPTABLE) and even with those 4 more extenders they won't be part of EasyMesh
  3. complain, suggest future request, wait and finally sell all TP-Link faulty products and move to other brand which supports such basic functionality 
Options
8 Reply
RE:make Guest and IoT Networks Mesh-able and extendable
2024-05-10 17:35:45
I agree
Options
Re:make Guest and IoT Networks Mesh-able and extendable
2024-05-11 06:01:59

@hWmMzIfYNRISEgn 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if the features can come to your home router, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Options
2024-08-08 02:56:17
I would like this function on my ax23 too. I currently have two of these and I plan to have 6 in total with easymesh technology, but the guest network and IoT are essential
Options
2024-08-11 13:23:34

For some reason I can't vote on this but just want to +1 this.

It's in no way clear from any documentation that this isn't possible - I expected OneMesh/EasyMesh to "just work" and extend everything from my main router outwards...

Using 2x AX73 and 2x RE700x's :-( 

Options
2024-08-22 09:11:06

I'd also like to upvote this, but looks like voting is closed.

The lack of support for the IoT network in EasyMesh is what's currently withholding me from using it, as the majority of my devices are on the IoT network.

Options
2 weeks ago

@hWmMzIfYNRISEgn I also need this for the exact reason discussed by the original poster

Options
a week ago

@Marvin_S does this limitation extends to ALL EasyMesh devices, (including the ones launched with EasyMesh default support, such as the HX510), or only to the old models that got updated to support EasyMesh, such as the AXE75, AX53, etc?

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@flep 

Hi, as I know, currently, all the models with Easymesh feature do not support to synchronize guest network and IoT network to satellite routers.

You may vote above, and we will log your feedback~

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 440

Replies: 8

Voters 2