Access to my own VPN server not possible from my router through openvpn

2024-05-06 20:26:24
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210803 Rel.55933n

Hello,

Just a new user, I bought a SIM card to orange (french provider), then I cannot access to the files of my remote server (Synology NAS) through my own VPN.

I use openvpn to connect.

With another sim card inside my phone it works.

Is there any reason?

Maybe the MR6400 firewall is blocking this kind of ip (10.8.0.x) created by openvpn to connect to my distant server?

I don't know how to find and manage the rights of the frewall in the MR6400

Options
2 Reply
Re:Access to my own VPN server not possible from my router through openvpn
2024-05-07 09:48:33

@mulanee2 

Hi, thanks for posting question here~

VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. It is a technology that allows you to create a secure and encrypted connection over a public network, such as the internet.

This article will help you with configuring different types of VPN Server on 4G LTE Router, including IPSec VPN, PPTP VPN, and OpenVPN: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2844/

Please note:

1.  A few 4G LTE Routers do not support IPSec VPN yet.

2. For most 4G LTE routers, internet service providers typically provide private IP addresses, which can prevent us from successfully setting up a VPN server. Therefore, it is recommended to contact your service provider and inquire about the possibility of obtaining a public IP address.

Options
Re:Access to my own VPN server not possible from my router through openvpn
2024-05-07 10:31:27 - last edited 2024-05-07 12:14:06

My problem is not to create a vpn server, it is done and it works with different clients.

My question is related to the fact I cannot succeed to access the files of the distant server after successfully connecting the vpn through the MR6400

distant NS hosting VPN and files server <-----------  MR6400 with simcard A <---- client connected to the distant VPN = not working for opening distant file server

distant NS hosting VPN and files server <-------------- client with simcard B connected to the distant VPN = working for opening distant file server

edit:

Just discovered it's working with my android phone, but it is not on my iphone, even if both use the same MR6400 wifi and the same vpn connect profile .

A bit of progress but the issue is still there

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 310

Replies: 2

Related Articles