OpenVPN Generated Key too small

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-22 10:33:46
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.9

Hi,

I have been trying to get OpenVPN working on my router.

I am running into an issue where it seems that OpenVPN on the router isn't generated keys that are long enough to work with the windows OpenVPN client (see picture bellow).

There doens't seem to be an option in the router to change the encryption mode of OpenVPN, and the windows client doesn't have an option to change the accepted types of keys.

I did some searching on the forum and it seems like people have similar, but not exactly the same issue as this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:OpenVPN Generated Key too small
2024-03-25 07:26:02

@Callum_1 

Hi, could you please try the workaround provided by other users here to see if it works for you? https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/653732?replyId=1316044

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options