XE75 red light blinks every minute and losses connectivity after firmaware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

XE75 red light blinks every minute and losses connectivity after firmaware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-11 10:17:29
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.9 Build 20231222 Rel. 77579

HI,

My setup : Three XE75 Deco units connected using ethernet backhaul using a gigabit ethernet switch. One of the unit operating in a bridge mode.

My Deco XE75 setup had been running properly for the last 3 month since i purchased it. Was prompted to upgrade to the laster firmware of 1.2.9 Build 20231222 Rel. 77579

After the upgrade, every deco unit has been blinking red every minute and i am losing connectivity. Is there a way to downgrade the firmware? I have tried restarting them. Can't downgrade to the earlier version as the Web UI only supports a upgrade.

Regards,

Options
3 Reply
Re:XE75 red light blinks every minute and losses connectivity after firmaware upgrade
2024-02-13 08:45:44

@Neil_f 

Hi, "One of the units operating in a bridge mode", do you mean "Access Point" mode?--You could check it under Deco APP>More> Advanced>Operation Mode.

May I know the model number of the network switch here?

You could downgrade the firmware back to 1.2.8 via web UI directly by uploading the 1.2.8 bin file that you could download from the local official website or EN site:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/deco-xe75/v1/#Firmware

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:XE75 red light blinks every minute and losses connectivity after firmaware upgrade
2024-02-13 12:53:22
Hi David, Thanks for answering. The operation mode is "Wi-Fi Router". This was the setup before the firmware upgrade. I have tried 2 switches, both are TPlink unmanaged gigabit, models are TL-SG1005D Ver5.0 and TL-SG108E Version 6.0 If i remove the ethernet backhaul, the deco's work fine by conencting through wifi. I tried bypassing the ethernet switches by connecting 2 deco's directly with a patch cable, but the slave deco starts going into a loop of green and then red lights. I have started the downgrade and will try using the ethernet connections and test. Thanks for the link.
Options
2024-02-14 14:56:58

@Neil_f 

I found the issue. One of the main deco's ethernet port is faulty and is not working. Swapping the unit with another one and making it the master solved the problem.

Now the next task to get technical support to replace or fix the faulty unit.

Options