can you choose the deco chain?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-24 21:54:25
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

HI. I have 4 deco in the house, but the one on the upper floor, instead of connecting to the closest one, which has more signal, sometimes connects to the main one which has very little. Are there solutions for choosing the connection chain?

Options
3 Reply
Re:can you choose the deco chain?
2024-01-25 08:51:08

@Weskar 

Hi, Regardless of model numbers, you could choose a daisy chain or star topology.

Connection Preference: Customize Your Preferred Signal Source

But for Deco S7, its firmware doesn't support this feature yet.

Is there any chance that you could connect the upper floor Deco via an Ethernet cable to the nearby satellite unit?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-01-25 10:07:34

@David-TP 

Hello and thanks for the reply. Unfortunately not, there is too much distance. The problem is that this connection sometimes works well and the Deco on the upper floor connects to the closest one, sometimes badly and connects to the main one,
probably depends on whether or not I open the door of the room where the main one is located.
 Maybe I should space the main one more or make it come out "less powerful"...according to Is there a possibility of doing this or finding a suitable device?

tx 

Options
2024-01-25 10:12:52

@David-TP 

for example, if I replace the deco s7 upstairs with a TP-Link Deco M5 would I then have the option to choose?

Thanks and sorry if I'm bothering you
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 319

Replies: 3

Related Articles