RE705X EasyMesh Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE705X EasyMesh Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RE705X EasyMesh Question
RE705X EasyMesh Question
2024-01-09 11:44:29
Model: RE705X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20230509 Rel. 78185

Hi All,

I have a RSP provided TP-Link VX230v AC1800 router which has EasyMesh capability. It does not quite reach areas I want in a fairly large house so went and bought an RE705X range extender which, according to https://www.tp-link.com/au/easymesh/product-list/ supports EasyMesh. However, upon using the tether app to configure it, it only has OneMesh and will not connect to the router with it. I also tried to connect to it from the router and after pressing the WPS button on the extender and then clicking on Add Mesh Device on the router, it fails to find it. Both are sitting like 3 metres from each other.

Could anyone please point me in the right direction on how to set up the EasyMesh. Thx

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE705X EasyMesh Question
2024-01-09 13:24:04

VladG wrote

I also tried to connect to it from the router and after pressing the WPS button on the extender and then clicking on Add Mesh Device on the router, it fails to find it. 

@VladG 

Hi,

That is not the proper way to use the WPS feature.

To connect a device to a router via WPS do the following:

1) Press the WPS button of the router. Usually one of the LEDs will start blinking. (on the VX230v the "WPS" button should be on the top of its casing, next to the "Wi-Fi" button)
2) Press the WPS button of the client device, in this case the RE705X. On a RE705X the "Signal" LED should now start blinking.
3) Wait until the blinking LEDs on both devices stop blinking and then log into the router's or the RE705X's user interface to check the result.

Ideally the two devices should now be connected via EasyMesh, but in case there are some compatibility issues the RE705X would then probably be connected as a regular wireless range extender (without Mesh).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 650

Replies: 1

Related Articles