Deco S1900: Led blinking red even if the WiFi is working perfectly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-05 17:50:07
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20230504 Rel. 36260

Hello,
I would like to submit a problem with my Deco S1900 mesh system.

The system is configured as access point and actually is composed by two units connected by ethernet backhaul trough a gigabit managed switch (Netgear GS116Ev2 - 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch) according the followig schematic that I undestood not possible for Router Mode but possible for access point mode.

In the app I can see the two units connected by ethernet backhaul:

At the same time I can see the main deco unit with fixed red led and the secondary deco unit blinking red.

In this condition the WiFi Mesh is working properly and ookla speed test give consistent results when the mobile phone is connected to the main and to the secondary unit.

I add the fact that:

1) the secondary deco unit is switched off at night with an external smart plug (due to the fact deco S1900 Firmware is not supporting wifi shut off based on timers)

2) the main deco is unit is positioned on the ground floor, while the secondary deco unit is placed on the third floor in the attic room

3) network coverage is satisfactory throughout the house

Can you explain why the deco units are showing red led? is it because the two unit are not connected by wifi?

Is it possible in the future that the wifi automatic switch on/off function will be integrated in S1900 Deco Firmware? Led management is already supported, it shouldn't be so difficult to imlement wifi switching.

Thank you very much for your support

Best Regards

Gabriele Ercole

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco S1900: Led blinking red even if the WiFi is working perfectly
2024-01-08 02:16:36

@GAB_ERC 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

It is suggested to install the beta firmware here on the Deco S1900 to see whether it helped with the current issue:

Deco S7 Red LEDs but Internet is Online

(the beta firmware works for both Deco S7 and Deco S1900)

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-01-19 14:28:55

@GAB_ERC ,

I have the exact same problem, although with a very mild difference in my setup:

- I have 3 Decos rather than 2

- My units are connected over WiFi between them

- My main Deco suddenly exhibits a solid red light, with the others exhibiting blinking red

- All seems to be working fine with both LAN and WAN from a network client standpoint

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/edit/topic/651620

The Deco app is useless at providing any logging, and the lack of a decent Web management interface with advanced options also prevents me from furthermore understanding what is happening.

Did you manage to somehow sort your issue?

Options
2024-02-04 10:38:14

@David-TP hello?? Feedback would ve

Options