My PC is getting 172.X.X.X through LAN and wireless devices are getting 192.X.X.X

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My PC is getting 172.X.X.X through LAN and wireless devices are getting 192.X.X.X

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-04 04:09:08
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.75032n(5553)

Hi, everyone. So I'm currently testing a mobile app and server combo at home. At work, this system is working just fine because both sides are getting 192.X.X.X, which is what I would expect for a local network. But at home, for some reason, even if the Network settings page of the router for LAN and Wireless says every IP would start in 192, my PC is somehow getting 172. And based on what I've seen so far, 172 can't talk to 192 that easily. As someone who doesn't have a lot of knowledge with networking, and my issue being a temporary as I don't always work at home, what is the easiest way to fix this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:My PC is getting 172.X.X.X through LAN and wireless devices are getting 192.X.X.X
2024-01-04 10:13:02 - last edited 2024-01-04 10:13:43

Looks a lot like Go*g*e DNS, use a dns checker and it'll tell you whose handling your dns i.e if you've changed to settings in the router or PC settings your dns will be avoiding your isp servers.

Sorry I can't reply properly as the filter thinks I'm promoting links if I use the full names but this is what I believe you are seeing.

Options
Re:My PC is getting 172.X.X.X through LAN and wireless devices are getting 192.X.X.X
2024-01-05 08:26:44

@almondRich 

Check if your PC is using DHCP to obtain IP address automatically, also check if the PC is connected to any other networks or VPN.

If the problem still exists, please let us know your detailed network topology at home.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options