AX53 EasyMesh slow internet on 1st floor. How to increase

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-26 21:55:27

Hello.

I have 300 Mb/s internet speed. I bought one Archer AX53 for ground floor and second Archer AX53 for the 1st floor. And I connected both router via EasyMesh. Main router is on the ground floor. Second router is on 1st floor directly in the room above the main router. Unfortunately on 1st floor internet speed I slow (only 8-12Mb/s - Maybe it's the thick concrete ceiling).

How I can to increase te internet speed on 1st floor? Currently, I do not have cables connected to the 1st floor. But I already think that this will probably be the best solution.
If I connect the cable to the 1st floor, what is the best way to configure these devices so that they work like with EasyMesh, i.e. the devices automatically connect to the strongest router if I walk between floors.

Options
5 Reply
Re:AX53 EasyMesh slow internet on 1st floor. How to increase
2023-12-26 22:23:20

@Kamiluu 

Hi,

How have you currently positioned the routers' antennas?

Here is a bit of theory on the type of antenna used in the Archer AX53.
This type of pole antenna emits most of its signal and is most sensitive for reception along the long sides of the antennas, while at the same time almost no signal is emited from or received by the tips of the antennas.

So, in case you had the antennas positioned like it's usually shown in product pictures (like below) and one Archer AX53 is located directly above the other Archer AX53, then that would basically be the worst condition it could be for the Mesh backhaul between the two routers.

Regarding the your last question. In case your Archer AX53 were both hardware version "V2", then you would be very lucky and you would be able to setup an EasyMesh with Ethernet backhaul (i.e. the two routers connected by cable), but if one or both of your Archer AX53 are "V1", then this is currently not supported.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722?sortDir=ASC&page=1

Options
2023-12-29 18:30:13

@woozle I tried different antenna settings on both routers and it didn't change much. Unfortunately, I have both routers in version V1. So if I run the cable upstairs, what is the best solution so as not to manually switch phones to stronger WiFi?

Options
2023-12-29 22:20:35
Hi Kamiluu, I have a proposal, but it is not the perfect one, howerver it will fix your network bandwith. Looks the "mesh" do not work for you, due to HW revision issue. You need to connect these routers with wire to each other. The main router has to be left as it is. Setup the second router to AP mode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krcjZNSXsGs This video is faerly show all steps you need. Good luck, Cheers,
Options
2023-12-29 22:30:27

@Kamiluu 

According to some posts by TP-Link support staff in this thread https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722?replyId=1298204 the Archer AX53 V1 will also receive a firmware update that adds support for EasyMesh via Ethernet backhaul, although no particular date has been given.

Options
2024-01-14 19:19:21

@woozle Thanks. This is a good news. 

Options