Deco Duplicate network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco Duplicate network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco Duplicate network
Deco Duplicate network
2023-12-21 07:37:13
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20191102 Rel. 58333

I just resetted my Deco network and after setting, I set it to hidden. Though I've encountered a problem in one of the laptops where the Wifi would have a duplicate network, i.e the network "Household" would have "Household" and "Household 2" on the laptop for some reason. Is this a problem that should be fixed or should I leave it alone, and what should I do if it needs to be fixed?

Much appreciated

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco Duplicate network
2023-12-22 06:47:18

@Kayrha 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Is the laptop the only device that could find two "Household" networks?

I noticed you mentioned that the main network was set to "Hidden". Would it be that you used to manually add the same network profile twice,  before and after reset?

Have you tried to delete both networks on the laptop and create the Wi-Fi profile again?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco Duplicate network
2023-12-23 02:43:08

@David-TP  Yes I tried forgetting the network from the laptop and adding it again but the problem still persists.

Also on another laptop, whenever I shut down and start again, I have to manually add the wifi.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 339

Replies: 2

Related Articles