No internet from Telus T3200M to TP-Link AX5400

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-07 01:30:00 - last edited 2023-12-07 01:39:29

I have just bought a new router since I thought something was wrong with my previous one but I am not sure if something changed with the Telus modem as despite everything I have tried I can not get the internet connection to work on the TP (or other router). I have an Ethernet cable attached to the WAN of the modem to the WAN of the router but light stays red/orange. Internet is working fine I can use it from my Telus Modem/router and the WIFI on the TP-Link is working. I have rebooted/reset multiple time and googled like crazy trying bridging, LAN connections, entering MAC addresses but I can not solve this problem. Another thing that happens if the WAN's are connected between my router and the modem and I reset the modem the internet no longer goes to the modem! I had to get a tech to come in and he replaced a wire but when it happened again after he left and I was trying to get the router connected it did the same thing. I figured out how to remove the fiber optic cord from the wall and plugged it back in (after removing the Ethernet cable from the modem) and the internet comes back to the modem (meaning I probably didn't even need the tech 🙄). Please tell me someone can help me get the router working, I do not want to use my providers wifi as it has horrible strength and reach to parts of the house. It feels as though Telus is preventing me from using a third party router grr... Any help is appreciated!!

Options
3 Reply
Re:No internet from Telus T3200M to TP-Link AX5400
2023-12-07 12:01:59

Access the TP-Link router's web interface using a web browser. You usually do this by typing the router's IP address (often something like 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1) in the address bar.
Check the WAN settings to ensure that the router is set to obtain an IP address automatically (DHCP). If you've tried entering a static IP or other settings, revert them to default for now.

Options
2023-12-07 16:52:37

@Pikajenn 

I actually connected an AX55, aka ax3000 to a Telus T3200M last week. My friend is no techie at all, she still uses the default passord on her modem. Other than port forwarding a port so I could remote manage the router if needed I didn't have to change a thing. I believe I seen setting to use the T3200M as an access point but with the setup we had figured for her we just used it as a second router/network. 

So I don't believe it;s anything inherent in the Telus service or the T3200M. Perhaps as the previous reply stated perhaps there is something wrong with the settings on the T3200M. Have you changed anything from default? I assume the cable between the T3200M and the AX5400 is good?

I didn;t really have nything to add other than that but thought I'd chime in because I did set up a router to the same model modem last week.

Options
2023-12-07 17:12:58 - last edited 2023-12-07 17:26:26

Pikajenn wrote

I have an Ethernet cable attached to the WAN of the modem to the WAN of the router but light stays red/orange. 

@Pikajenn 

Unless you have gone in the settings of the T3200M and changed it from a rouiter to an access point, in which case you may have to clone MAC address perhaps, I'm not sure exactly but could look it up. But what I did was run from LAN on the T3200M to WAN on the AX5400. If you haven't made any changes to the T3200M settings that should work. If you have changed the function of the T3200M in it's settings to an access point you may have to change settings on your AX5400 as well.

Update: I googled it and there are results from Telus help website that say to either use port 1 or else go into the T3200M settings and enable bridge mode. I don't see any mention of cloneing MAC address and no mention of WAN port. 

So that's basically what I did with my friend's router. I used port 1 on the T3200M, the WAN port on the TP-Link router and didn't touch the settings on the T3200M

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 997

Replies: 3

Related Articles