Wireless extender slow speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-28 20:50:53 - last edited 2023-11-30 20:44:01
Model: RE550  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I currently have a 500Mbps internet connection (Up&Down) and can get that wirelessly from the router when in good range. I have purchesed a RE550 wireless extender to cover the more distant parts of the house. When setting up and the extender is only 3 metres from the router, and my phone is only 3 metres from the extender, all in the same room, a speed check on my phone only shows around 50Mbps up/down. I was expecting two or 3 hundred at that close range, am I missing something?

Any pointers welcome.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wireless extender slow speed
2023-11-30 06:38:06

@Phildec 

Hi, Do you have any wired laptop so that we could test the Ethernet connection speed from the RE550?

Please make sure you are connected to the 5GHz of the RE550.

If possible, could you please help me run a simple test:

1. Unplug RE500 and stand where it was. Then connect the device to the Wi-Fi of host router and run a speed test to see how much speed you could get.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Wireless extender slow speed
2023-11-30 15:00:32 - last edited 2023-11-30 15:01:14

@David-TP thanks for reply. Have tried 5g and wired connection to extender and all seems fine now, I wonder if there was any temporary local interference at the time.

I have another problem switching mode but will start a new thread for that.

regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 494

Replies: 2

Related Articles