[Issue][Archer C64][Mesh] can't access the internet after powering off then powering on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[Issue][Archer C64][Mesh] can't access the internet after powering off then powering on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-17 17:50:54
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.13.2 build 230824 Rel.74702n(4555)

Hi all,

Currently, I'm facing the issue where I cant access the internet (an exclamation mark appears on Wifi's name) after all the C64s power off then on at the same time. 

Here is my model:

Tplink ONT

|

c64 (main router) Lan 1 ----------- c64 (satellite)

Lan 2 ------------c64 (satelite)

Lan 3--------------c64 (satelite)

Since my hometown gets blackout every now and then, whenever it happens I cant help but reboot the main router in order to temporarily solve the problem, it really annoys me. I believe this comes from the firmware itself.

Has anyone ran into the case? Any ideas. Please help me.

Options
4 Reply
Re:[Issue][Archer C64][Mesh] can't access the internet after powering off then powering on
2023-11-20 08:45:23

@ntphu1808 

Hi, may I know the WAN connection type on the main router? like Dynamic IP or PPPoE? and who is your ISP?

When the issue happens, what is the LED status on the main and satellite routers? especially the internet LED. please don't reboot the main router next time, instead, you could login the web interface of the main router, check internet status there and also save a system log file for analysis.

Besides, if you unplug the power adapter of the main router manually, and then plug it back in, are you able to reproduce the issue easily? or it only happens after power outage in the area?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:[Issue][Archer C64][Mesh] can't access the internet after powering off then powering on
2023-11-21 15:09:21 - last edited 2023-11-21 18:07:49

Hi @Sunshine ,

The main router connects to the Internet via PPPoE, the ISP is FPT Telecom.

When the issue happens, all the Led status of main/satellite routers light as usual, the internet light is yellow and I can't access the admin page in the meantime. But I'm able to control the main router through Tether app (cloud managing), from there I could see the IP Wan provided by the ISP.

I haven't checked the log yet, the issue always occurs after power outage, turning off the main router simply doesn't make the whole system out of order.

Interestingly, when the problem happens, the IP gateway, which my phone receives from DHCP doesn't point to the main router but instead, gets it randomly from the other satellite routers.

Options
2023-11-23 07:42:27

@ntphu1808 

Hi, thank you very much for the reply.

To access the system logs, you will need to login the web interface when the issue happens, but you mentioned that you can't access the admin page during the time.

When it happens next time, please connect a computer to LAN port of the main router to see if it will obtain IP address from the main router and access the main router web interface or not. If so, check internet status there and also save a system log file for analysis.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-25 12:55:40

@Sunshine ,

Thank you for your support, I'd tried to reproduce the issue by actively cutting off the power but nothing happened, may I feedback you next time if the problem till persists.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 644

Replies: 4

Related Articles