Ethernet backhaul makes PX50 mesh unstable with red lights - serious bug (not another switch issue)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ethernet backhaul makes PX50 mesh unstable with red lights - serious bug (not another switch issue)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Ethernet backhaul makes PX50 mesh unstable with red lights - serious bug (not another switch issue)
2024-01-16 22:24:01

@Alexmesh 

Hi,

I have similar problems since installation of firmware 1.2.1 Rel 62115 this week-end(13/1/2024). I had installed the 3 px50 as access points in 08/2023, linked to a 16 ports Dlink switch and I was very happy.  But now sometimes they suddenly disappear in red during 5 to 15 minutes and repeat this. It appears more often with several users. I had to remove the 3 PX50 as they were freezing the whole network. Even with only one PX50, it fails. With a more recent Dlink switch, same result. I plan to give them another chance by trying a tp-link switch and will conclude if they stay for a while in the nice and expensive ideas bin. Any news of a firmware release solving the problem ?

Best regards

Marc

Options
Re:Ethernet backhaul makes PX50 mesh unstable with red lights - serious bug (not another switch issue)
2024-01-16 22:48:32 - last edited 2024-01-16 22:50:07

@Marc_001 Hi, according to technical support it's a network loop problem but it's still being investigated. Last time it happened to me was two nights ago but these past two nights it's been stable, other times it can happen every night of the week. I think the PLC dropping momentarily from interference can trigger it at certain times when some units are using ethernet backhaul whilst others are using PLC+wifi backhaul, the presence of three paths (wifi, PLC and ethernet) makes network looping more probable.

Options
2024-01-18 02:01:45

@Alexmesh 

Thanks for your feedback. You are really patient. Personally I will  let them make their tester's job themselves and have downgraded the firmware to.build  px50_1.0.3_Build_20230420_Rel.77020. I guess it was the latest version when the installation and an upgrade were done end of August 2023. If you are interested I have found an easier and more reliable way to downgrade than the one given on the site and will write a procedure for it.

Best regards

Marc 

Options
2024-02-09 13:48:11

Slight update, it appears to be an issue with the PLC dropping due to what I'm guessing is noise on the line and this makes all other units become unstable as it tries to rejoin, support gave me a firmware to force ethernet backhaul on the dining room satellite and now when the garage satellite drops it so far hasn't taken out the entire network but does flash red until I reboot it. Other units stay green during this time. It's some kind of network loop bug.

Options
2024-02-10 14:04:14

@Alexmesh 

Thanks for your feedback. It's seems we don't have the same problem. Personally I noticed the DHCP server was not disabled even though a parameter was set to disable it. This caused a conflict with the default DHCP server on my network and IP address to be allocated twice.  This freezes the network until I disconnect the good workstation. Therefore I have stopped using them as I also saw other problems which let me think that this not reliable enough for a network of several users. Best regards   

Options