RE505X Seems to be working, but no LEDs on except power??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-04 21:56:35 - last edited 2023-11-04 21:58:19
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just bought and installed the RE505X.  I tried all three methods of getting it to connect to my main wireless router, but I could never get the "connected" LED to stay on solid (it was either flashing blue or off completely).  The installation instructions imply that this means the RE505X is not connected to my main wi-fi.  I messed with this so long and then happened to notice that the SSID that I chose for the extender was visible on my phone.  I connected to it and it works!  What's up with the LEDs during configuring?  Anyone else have problems?  Neither the 2.4 or the 5GHz LEDs are illuminated.  Only the power LED.

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE505X Seems to be working, but no LEDs on except power??
2023-11-07 07:52:10

@mwtucker 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Are you saying that RE505x is able to connect to internet even though the 2.4GHz and 5GHz are off?

Do you use a different SSID on RE505x from the host router?

If you could still log into the web UI of RE505x, Can I have a screenshot of the following page:

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:RE505X Seems to be working, but no LEDs on except power??
2023-11-07 14:13:26

@David-TP the 2.4GHz and 5GHz LEDs are both off, yet the unit is working.  The cameras connected to it are 2.4GHz only.

Options