AX1800 Model RE605X Wireless setup issue with Helix router/modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-29 14:07:42

I have Wifi6 through a Helix modem/router with ISP Videotron. Wireless setup procedure is normal and successful, but the range extender fails to connect even though all LED lights are solid and the location of the extender is in "good".range.

Videotron is tellng me that TP Link will not work with Helix. I have to purchase their Helix Pods.

However, up until last week our old TP-Link extender worked well, then died. I assumed it was because of its age and bought the newest model available.

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX1800 Model RE605X Wireless setup issue with Helix router/modem
2023-10-29 14:29:32

Meant to mention that I cannot access the login ip address either. It seems to be blocked. 

Options
Re:AX1800 Model RE605X Wireless setup issue with Helix router/modem
2023-11-02 02:25:27

@Joybell 

Hi, welcome to the community.

After RE605X was configured, it might obtain a new IP address from the Helix router so 192.168.0.254 would no longer be available and you could try http://tplinkrepeater.net.

You could also try to log in via the Tether APP.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/re605x/#Apps

If both 2.4GHz and 5GHz turn on, I think RE605X has been configured correctly.

You could refer to this link to edit the DHCP server settings to see whether it helped:

Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

Please also refer to this link to check whether any access control settings have been configured on the Helix router:

Recommended settings on the host router to work well with TP-Link Range Extenders

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options